Advent of Code
What is the Advent of Code?
- Advent of Code is an Advent calendar of small programming puzzles for a variety of skill sets and skill levels that can be solved in any programming language you like.
- You don't need a computer science background to participate - just a little programming knowledge and some problem solving skills will get you pretty far.
Junior division leaderboards will be available soon!
Registering for the competition
- Log in through the [Advent of Code website].
- Join our club leaderboard through the [leaderboard page].
Our leaderboard code is 316420-81e4c6bb
- New puzzle every 2 days
- Puzzles are suited for beginner and intermediate programmers
- Winner will receive a $15 Amazon gift card
- New puzzle every day
- Increasing difficulty every day
- Some puzzles may require completion of previous puzzles
- Suited towards advanced programmers
- Winner will receive a $25 Amazon gift card
- Your leaderboard spot is determined using a point system
- You get points whenever you complete a puzzle
- Completing the puzzle faster will yield more points
- You may get help from other members, but the leaderboard is individual.
- You may not use resources created on or after December 1.
- The leaderboard will be finalized on December 31 at 11:59 PM. Anything completed after this deadline will not count toward prizes.
- Winners may be asked to share their code to prevent plagiarism.
- Club officers are not eligible for prizes, but may still participate.
- Club mentors are only eligible for prizes in the senior division.
- Remember to have fun!